TBi to carb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK but still with that being said for the money you would save from buying a new crank and everything why wouldn't you put that money toward another upgrade? Either way the amount you would save in mpg it wouldn't make sense to downgrade loose performance and spend more money... your money your ride

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
you can't really hope for any better mileage than that jhicks.... these trucks are heavy and aerodynamically speaking they are bricks in the wind. 16-18 is the best you could hope for really....

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm lookin for is the 15 mpg range. That's it lol.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
then get a 350 so theres less trouble for the engine to push around your truck heavy ass and call it a day. a 305 is a waste but has uses such as boat anchor, decorative man cave table, mailbox, grille, etc.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
then get a 350 so theres less trouble for the engine to push around your truck heavy ass and call it a day. a 305 is a waste but has uses such as boat anchor, decorative man cave table, mailbox, grille, etc.

wow- what a way to slam the guys engine! :lol:

I wouldn't carb it, personally- just get a 350 like he said. Good all around engine, lots of power and cheap parts

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But again that's not in town cruising with a stock air intake and all the upgrades... I say use the worked one enjoy it save the money for something else even go on a date with the money you'll save..you'll be happier

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: if girls round him are like here at college, loud nice trucks make them weak in the knees.... :pimp:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i had a 305 in my 85 camaro i ddnt understand that itd be cheaper to swap out a 350, now granted my 305 had close to 325hp with a multitude of mods but my friends with the same amount of cash were pushing 360-400 even with lt1s and such. i tried working with what i had and yea it was a bad idea, and the engine and car werent very streetable.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its like I tell all the guys that love to sling mud...its not the power but the traction that keeps ya goin...to much power and you just rip everything to hell and dont do a damn thing except go deaf and come up with lame excuses