TBI spacers, are they really worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe put that money towards a million other things
Like buying mid-grade fuel, so you can bump the base timing a few degrees and the mid-grade should help counter the possibility of spark knock. Yes, just a couple degrees will cause enough to get knock retard out of the computer, even though you may not hear the knock.

That couple degrees bump would probably be more noticeable power than the TBI spacer..

RIchard

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I've seen gains of 30-40 horsepower from adding a 1" spacer between a carb and an intake on an sbc. Granted these weren't in lazy old TBI 350's, but I can't say I've seen this much of an increase from a timing bump or distributor recurve.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some 1/4" thick phenolic Sheet plate. I am thinking i can make a 1/4" spacer out of that and use a gasket as a template.

Used to make wood laminate spacers for under carbs back in the day and varnish em. Used to use em to insulate the carb a bit from engine heatsoak from the intake manifold

I'm wondering if this would work the same way on a TBI, plus it would be the right price. Free!!

1/4" wouldent be a whole bunch to mess up throttle cable angle, of fuel line issues but might insulate the TB from manifold heat.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm gonna stack 6 or 7 of em on top of each other with some really long bolts and a hole in the hood. Guess if I do that I'll need slicks and a wheelie bar though. Excuse my sarcasm, it's been a long Monday lol

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I'm gonna stack 6 or 7 of em on top of each other with some really long bolts and a hole in the hood. Guess if I do that I'll need slicks and a wheelie bar though. Excuse my sarcasm, it's been a long Monday lol

If you do this...you MUST install stacks! YOLO!!! :rofl::rofl:

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, read about grinding off the ridges on the top of the TB throats, and radiusing this area, and raising the injectors by doubling the pod gasket. Something called the quarter mod that involves sticking a quarter behind the FPR spring to bump up the fuel pressure, of course bumping the timing around to go along with it. Got this info off an F body forum.

Last edited:

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, read about grinding off the ridges on the top of the TB throats, and radiusing this area, and raising the injectors by doubling the pod gaskets. Something called the quarter mod that involves sticking a quarter behind the FPR spring to bump up the fuel pressure, of course bumping the timing around to go along with it.
research adjustable fpr mod, with a gauge. Quarter is kind of a crapshoot.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I have a spacer and the ultimate tbi mods with shaved throttle blade shafts, just have not messed with the pressure regulator and i honestly cant tell any difference, but I enjoyed doing it and that matters most.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't have one but what I notice about "improvement" is when people try to add $150 to the resale value of the whole vehicle.:rotflmao: