TBI spacers, are they really worth the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see these all the time in summit, and jegs, as well as on evilbay. The approx 1" tall TBI to manifold spacer complete with longer bolts.

Do these really work? Or is it about $50 wasted. I know on a stock 150K mile TBI engine like mine its only going to get minimal incremental gains from a K&N, accel coil, cat back duals, electric radiator fan etc.

Your only going to get real big gains if its forced induction, cam, heads, raised compression etc, or a change to a complete LS, or a tuned port setup. LS is not in my budget, and i hate the look of the coil on plug V8s. More of an old school guy, i think tuned port is pretty classic.

Anyway, is it worth the $50?

Thanks
Matt

SlowZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a tbi engine they are worth it, especially if you do the free mods. Same with the injector pod spacer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I bought one. They are ok for TBI and carbs. Useless on port injected. Pain in the ass to install. At least for me, trying to get the bolt loose that holds the fuel lines. Still sitting in a box on my work bench.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The gains are wishful thinking, and come at the cost of the product, extra base gaskets, fuel line extensions, and the hassle of taking all that stuff loose including the fuel line bracket at the stud on the transmission/engine (major PITA), as well as creating a situation where your throttle cable and throttle valve cable (if 700R4/4L60 equipped) are operating at stupid angles...as well has having to properly adjust the throttle valve cable (again, if equipped) which is not exactly as easy as it sounds for the DIY'er.

If you insist on getting one, skip the one with the helical bores. Go smooth.

Richard

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
is it worth the $$, that is up to you. does it make a difference? sure. is it a huge difference? probably not.

a pod spacer and salad bowl with the ultimate tbi mod's (search it, lots of info out there) will do more for you. this is from first hand experience. people will argue one way or another, and everyone's opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it! my experience spans everything from carbs in dirt track race cars, rebuilding qjet carbs, to the fuel injected 6.0l in my z28.

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I understand the idea, which is to allow a greater distance for fuel and air to mix better, which is great, but there is already the length of intake manifold passages. That spacer only adds like, what, 10% more distance into the equation. Hmmmmm...... Not sure it's worth the hassle some other guy mentioned. Maybe put that money towards a million other things, cap, rotor, tune, whatever. Just my opinion, to each their own