Tail gate banner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here are a few pics Itook@ lunch today. You can see the difference in the top left corner of the banner. It looks like a morror, compaired to the rest of the banner.
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Wow, that is amazing! What's the product that you used?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, I think it was 97. As for what I used, well I stripped the old clear coat off with some airplane paint stripper I bought from Orilly's. I buffed the tailgate with some white polishing compound, but like I said, it is a work in progress. My biker bud, used a brown bar rouge, then a white bar rouge. I have some on order. Should be here this weekend. Kind of like this video, but He used a small die grinder with a small buffing wheel, a little like in the video. I'm not sure when I will be able to get buffing. The weather isn't looking good for the weekend.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The inner side is what is polished to a mirror finish. Outside the yellow line is not. The difference is a lot easier to see in person, but you can still see it in the pic. Look close at my fingers. Left side is clear, rite side is not.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did some work on my banner, and my rims this weekend. I will still need to repaint the letters black on the banner. I stripped everything off to make it easier to buff. I used triple E rouge, white rouge, and white diamond metal polish. On the rims, all I used was white diamond metal polish. It took 3 polishes on the rims, and they could use some more work, but look good as they are.