t5 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sam0822

Reaction score
I have a 98 gmc c1500 with a 305 and a 4l60. I want to convert it to a manual and was thinking about a t5. I know they can be pretty hard to find, but does anybody know what cars I can pull one out of that would be a direct fit into my truck? Also does it require a tune or any other computer adjustments for it to work?

Reaction score
I'm curious about a t5 swap myself, I recently purchased 94 c1500 that was converted from 4.3 auto to 350 5sp the transmission has some issues, I have a t5 and have been thinking about using it for a temporarily permanent solution. (Hopefully this doesn't count as a hijack just looking for the same information basically)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm curious about a t5 swap myself, I recently purchased 94 c1500 that was converted from 4.3 auto to 350 5sp the transmission has some issues, I have a t5 and have been thinking about using it for a temporarily permanent solution. (Hopefully this doesn't count as a hijack just looking for the same information basically)

Are you trolling or for real right now?

Reaction score
Not trolling at all, just with budget and necessity (already have the t5) was genuinely curious.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
What he said! :lol: T5 transmissions are only rated to 325 ft/lbs max (aftermarket) for a 3200 lb car. It won't survive any abuse in a truck. Sorry. % speed in your T bucket that weighs 1800 lbs sure! Truck @ 5000lbs not as much.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 98 gmc c1500 with a 305 and a 4l60. I want to convert it to a manual and was thinking about a t5. I know they can be pretty hard to find, but does anybody know what cars I can pull one out of that would be a direct fit into my truck? Also does it require a tune or any other computer adjustments for it to work?
T5 to Chevy bellhousing?, front drive shaft yoke?, your going to need one, Different length driveshaft? Relocating the trans crossmember?, anything interfere with exhaust?

Price a bell housing to get a t5 behind a chevy smallblock.