Swamp Hound's 1997 Yukon Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Lol the jester
I don't know what that means.

I'd rather see a fire breathing SBC in just about anything before a diesel. That's just me though, who am I...right?

Hell, I have a Kubota RTV900 utility vehicle with a 3 cylinder diesel. You think I haven't stared at the chassis of that thing wondering how I could shoehorn an SBC in between those framerails?

Sorry for the 'jack, Swamp. I'm completely puzzled about what's wrong with your truck.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score

I'd rather see a fire breathing SBC in just about anything before a diesel. That's just me though, who am I...right?

Hell, I have a Kubota RTV900 utility vehicle with a 3 cylinder diesel. You think I haven't stared at the chassis of that thing wondering how I could shoehorn an SBC in between those framerails?

Sorry for the 'jack, Swamp. I'm completely puzzled about what's wrong with your truck.
I was just joking, hence the jester

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score

No harm in it. This thread is as much about discussion as it is my truck.
I'm a fan of a fire breathing SBC myself. I need something that is good for a daily (mileage wise). I'm thinking a similar, or copy rather, of your build is what I'll go with. 395 cam, ported and polished heads, etc.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
The plot thickens...
Yes it does. I'm Hoping it's something electrical. When my ICM went out after I had so much trouble with rocker adjustment and timing I was so scared I blow my truck up. It started missing then missing and backfiring and then it was hardly running at all and died. Hooked jumper cables and it would turn over a couple times and lock and then it blew the cables off my battery. I had that 3.9 cummins completely rebuilt with all cummins parts and receipts for everything for 3500. $125 ICM and it was back to running like a dream. I was heartbroken and happy at the same time. I wanted a cummins swap to bad but at 125 bucks I was back on the road and money was tight.
Would be such a bummer if the engine died. Then I would have no choice but to swap in a freshened up 350. Such a shame.
Lol if you've got the money then it's not so bad.
Dirtymax/Cummins....? :jester:
This would be my route if I could find another 3.9

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk