Subwoofer set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just wondering, but isn't a cap supposed to be as close to the battery as possible?
Very nice wiring! Wanna do mine? LOL!

bigjoe3

Reaction score
Ccreddell I think I have the twin to the truck in your Sig except mine is 94 light 2500 even same rims were on it when I bought it nice system fixing to start mine soon .

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering, but isn't a cap supposed to be as close to the battery as possible?
Very nice wiring! Wanna do mine? LOL!

Actually no, You want the cap as close to the amplifier as possible. In reality, there probably isnt a measurable difference in the real world, but the theory as I understand it is that the battery charges the cap and the cap waits for a dip in the voltage level and immediately discharges to make up the difference allowing your amp to see a steady voltage thereby not distorting from under powering.

And Id be happy to do yours-done a few standard cabs and they are fun to play with. Even have some recommendations if youre interested.

Maybe we could sit around and reminisce about the 70s..........:beatdeadhorse5:

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
[:rocking:
Maybe we could sit around and reminisce about the 70s..........:beatdeadhorse5:
Ewww!!! Disco! Platform shoes! The Bee-Gee's!
But...Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Floyd!:rocking:
Cheap Muscle cars, second hand!

Thanks for the info! Learning stuff here all the time.

Last edited:

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You forgot AngelFlights and silk shirts with collar points that went all the way down to your nipples and had 8 buttons per cuff!!!

EDIT: But then again, youre from the Great White North and listened to Triumph and Rush and wear Touks! :)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You forgot AngelFlights and silk shirts with collar points that went all the way down to your nipples and had 8 buttons per cuff!!!

EDIT: But then again, youre from the Great White North and listened to Triumph and Rush and wear Touks! :)

:lol:

I think that maybe I just didn't want to remember! Selective memory that I can almost get away with blaming on age.

Oh...that's 'toque's'. Damn French-Canadians!