Subwoofer set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay, i see. So in other words, wire with a fuse from the battery to the amp. What size wire should i use and what kind of fuse?

Get an amp kit with the appropriate gauge of wire and fuse. The size you get depends on what amp(s) you will use. The fuse needs to match the amount of amps (current) the amp pulls.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dude were you on the show The Partridge Family?

No, but I did grow up in that era. Most people that i grew up with (California) dressed this way on occasion. I mostly dressed 'up' for church, wore Levi's and t-shirts the rest of the time-although my Levi's were Elephant Bells :)

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I wouldnt go smaller than 10 guage wire.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Get an amp kit with the appropriate gauge of wire and fuse. The size you get depends on what amp(s) you will use. The fuse needs to match the amount of amps (current) the amp pulls.

Go to 'Crutchfield.com' They will have a chart that tells you what gauge of wire/kit to use for the size of amps that you're using. But, just in case that you ever want to upgrade, go to the next size larger that they recommend. That way you don't have to go through the wiring thing twice. It's only a couple of bucks more. It's worth it.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4 gauge for power to the amp,and 50 amp fuse will be plenty its not like your running competition amps

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, but I did grow up in that era. Most people that i grew up with (California) dressed this way on occasion. I mostly dressed 'up' for church, wore Levi's and t-shirts the rest of the time-although my Levi's were Elephant Bells :)
thats my era too, not to far behind ya in age lol

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
New system includes two 15" *** subs off a kenwood amp and my ****** Aiwa H.U until my buddy's dad finishes the box for my Sony xplod 10". pics later since im on my phone.

draggin95niss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right now im runnin a single jl stealthbox w/ single 10 runnin off a phoenix gold zx 475.4ti which is also runnin a set of mb quart seperates which has all been in the truck since 98 except my excelon deck....im gonna pull the stealthbox an build a box for 4 10's forward firing...we have a new old stock zx 400ti im gonna run at 2 ohm stereo on the subs an replce the 4x6's an run those to the 4 ch. Amp.....