Subwoofer set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I'm told 10" or 8" are my options for a box under the rear seat. How many of you are running this set up? one or two subs? What size? Is it worth it?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well, the box under the rear seat means you have to take out the jack box and the stuff in there. There was one for 88-98 trucks on Craigslist around Grand Rapids area.

I'm running a box with 2 10s in it on top of the seat, I like it a lot more than the ones that run under the seat, to me, it's just a more full sound.

But it could be the subs I have compared to what a buddy of mine was running.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my 99 NBS Im running one 10 under the rear seat. It sounds really good not over the top but enough bass to make the system sound full.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
How do you remove the spare tire jack from under the rear seat? I have one bolt, removed and it still will not pull up over the 8" rod that comes out of the floor. Is there a secret? Do I bust it off from here? I am looking at a dual 10" box to put under the rear seat.

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I recall correctly there is just a spin nut you loosen and the jack comes right out.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I have a full bench seat in my RCSB, and i plan on taking the seat out, building a box that fits a 10" under the driver side, and mounting the amp on top of the transmission "hump" and maybe eventually do a second 10" under the passenger side. Sound good, anyone?