Subwoofer set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I need my back seat to tote the dog and kids around. Is your's not made to sit under the seat?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I need my back seat to tote the dog and kids around. Is your's not made to sit under the seat?

I could of bought an under-seat box from craigslist, but I like the look of a big box in my back seat with subs pumping. Call me old fashion!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I have 2 MTX 10s, in a box on my back seat.

What size amp are you running? I'm not looking to shake the window, I just want a little thump behind the singing.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
What size amp are you running? I'm not looking to shake the window, I just want a little thump behind the singing.

Some calcell amp, I dont even know what model it is, or how many amps it cranks out. All my stereo equipment came with the truck :lol: I care more about the music coming out of the pipes.

Edit: But its enough to shake the mirros and vibrate my short hair.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
mine is also pretty loud without turndows, i'l looking at getting a set, either that or exiting infront of pass wheel

T DOG

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need to take some measurements. I need to have a box built for one 8" or 10" down-firing sub underneath the rear seat on the drivers side. I might try and build it myself if it looks simple enough.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two 8"s are going to push more air than a single 10"s. I would do a down-firing dual 8" set-up with a sealed box. More likely to get an easier fit using the 8". If you listen to rock, metal, or top 40 it will sound great. If you're a club junkie or dig rap/R&B/etc. go ahead and stuff in some 10"s. I have a single cab and when I was younger and just as stupid, I decided to stuff two 12" behind the seats and fully compromise any usable legroom. Not looking forward to eating my dash in a collision...

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I built a custom downfire box that housed two 12" rockford he2s which i made to bolt to the bottom of the rear bench so it could still flip up just to the point where it would click to hold itself up. I raised the entire rear seat about an inch or two i cant remember exactly (really didnt make it too much more cramped and I'm 6'1, luckily it was my truck so I never road *****! haha) and as for the hump in the floor I did a little flattening with a rubber malet just enough so the subs wouldnt hit at full woofer suspension and still had good clearance under the truck as well. My setup hit hard as hell and was pretty intense for a ext cab but I loved it!

This setup was in my old 95' heres a link to the thread if anyone wants to take a look.. Boom!

I could only find one pic of the box and its kinda ****** but youll get the idea..
You must be registered for see images