Stupid things i do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My oldest graduated as a welder. My wife thought we should go from mi to Seattle for the event. I was working temp from the first of the year in the oil field and was in Arizona doing transfers covering a pipeline that was down. I found a class a motor home in mi and sent her to look at it. 1987 bever 36 ft dsl pusher. She bought it i came home 2 weeks later and picked it up. Worked on it for a week and made a 5k mile round trip with it pulling a car trailer with her Honda crv on the deck. It still needs some work but made the trip all right. Got a detroit 8.2 4 stroke v8 turbo dsl with Allison 4 speed in the back. Wife 2 kids and my mother that my wife hates. Yes I took a hand gun in case I had to commit suicide lol. Hard to buy one on the road. Was a really great trip. My mom has ms and gets motion sick but being air ride on all 4 corners she did fine. We went to the ocean and drove the beach, caught mt Rushmore and crazy horse and the bad lands on the way home. 100 miles from home getting fuel a hose started leaking while fueling but it was a quick fix. First vacation I've taken in 20 years. Had a lot of fun hope to do some more traveling with it soon but next time I'm flat towing the suburban instead of using a trailer and not taking mom. It's amazing what 230hp and 500ftlb torque will do. Averaged about 10 mpg with the beast and grossing about 30k lbs

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
My oldest graduated as a welder. My wife thought we should go from mi to Seattle for the event. I was working temp from the first of the year in the oil field and was in Arizona doing transfers covering a pipeline that was down. I found a class a motor home in mi and sent her to look at it. 1987 bever 36 ft dsl pusher. She bought it i came home 2 weeks later and picked it up. Worked on it for a week and made a 5k mile round trip with it pulling a car trailer with her Honda crv on the deck. It still needs some work but made the trip all right. Got a detroit 8.2 4 stroke v8 turbo dsl with Allison 4 speed in the back. Wife 2 kids and my mother that my wife hates. Yes I took a hand gun in case I had to commit suicide lol. Hard to buy one on the road. Was a really great trip. My mom has ms and gets motion sick but being air ride on all 4 corners she did fine. We went to the ocean and drove the beach, caught mt Rushmore and crazy horse and the bad lands on the way home. 100 miles from home getting fuel a hose started leaking while fueling but it was a quick fix. First vacation I've taken in 20 years. Had a lot of fun hope to do some more traveling with it soon but next time I'm flat towing the suburban instead of using a trailer and not taking mom. It's amazing what 230hp and 500ftlb torque will do. Averaged about 10 mpg with the beast and grossing about 30k lbs
Detroit 8V92? That's a serious truck engine right there! Glad the trip went well and congrats to your son?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Detroit 8V92? That's a serious truck engine right there! Glad the trip went well and congrats to your son?
Wish it was a 8v92 lol actually it's the 8.2 litter 4 stoke. Runs really good but not like the old stokers. This was actually my oldest daughter. My oldest son is in the air force. And thank you

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A welder in the Air Force who graduated in Seattle? That's a new one for me. I'm guessing tech school? I would have thought his school would be in either TX or MS. Metals Technology is his trade?

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is awesome. I love every bit of that.
The "Great American Road Trip" is like a moon mission for regular folks.
If it all works out, That means you have planned well.
If you encounter problems and you fix them and recover and continue.
That means you have planned very well.
Your backup plan worked.
It may sound a bit stupid and maybe a bit over the top but you become the pilot of that sketch wagon and getting it home kinda harks back to the old time wagon masters who led the settlers to the coast.
Obviously not the same thing, not the same danger.
Unless your RV breaks down in tweaker town Seattle.
My ex wife and her family were from Detroit but we all lived in Denver.
They refused to fly to Detroit.
I suspect they were on the no fly list for being to dumb to fly and didnt tell me.
My last Denver to Detroit road trip was in my brand new 98 jeep cherokee.
With the 2.5 inch lift and the "Up Country" suspension
I had just put 31×10.5 Mud Terrains on it when I found out I was driving to Detroit with my mother in law in the back seat.
It went like this,
Rarhhw,rarrwh, wharrh, rarhhw wharrw raharrwh wharrw wahh..
nag, nag , nag, nag...
Rarhhwarhh, wharhh.rharrwewere whare
Nag, nag, nag, nag...
My ex wife decided that the only way to drown out the tire howl and the Mom howl was to play Moms CDs and crank the volume.
Celine Dion, Barbera Striesand, and Brittany Spears.
42 hours.
I didnt have a gun either.
We stopped at a Greyhound bus station and I was 30 seconds into a 60 second plan about faking my own death when they came back.
Bitching about the food at a ******* Greyhound bus station while not being on the bus or having to buy any of it.
Ive come to understand that this may be why I constantly down vote aggresive tires. and gas station food and travelling with In-laws and marriage.
I have undiagnosed disinegrating tread block truama.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is awesome. I love every bit of that.
The "Great American Road Trip" is like a moon mission for regular folks.
If it all works out, That means you have planned well.
If you encounter problems and you fix them and recover and continue.
That means you have planned very well.
Your backup plan worked.
It may sound a bit stupid and maybe a bit over the top but you become the pilot of that sketch wagon and getting it home kinda harks back to the old time wagon masters who led the settlers to the coast.
Obviously not the same thing, not the same danger.
Unless your RV breaks down in tweaker town Seattle.
My ex wife and her family were from Detroit but we all lived in Denver.
They refused to fly to Detroit.
I suspect they were on the no fly list for being to dumb to fly and didnt tell me.
My last Denver to Detroit road trip was in my brand new 98 jeep cherokee.
With the 2.5 inch lift and the "Up Country" suspension
I had just put 31×10.5 Mud Terrains on it when I found out I was driving to Detroit with my mother in law in the back seat.
It went like this,
Rarhhw,rarrwh, wharrh, rarhhw wharrw raharrwh wharrw wahh..
nag, nag , nag, nag...
Rarhhwarhh, wharhh.rharrwewere whare
Nag, nag, nag, nag...
My ex wife decided that the only way to drown out the tire howl and the Mom howl was to play Moms CDs and crank the volume.
Celine Dion, Barbera Striesand, and Brittany Spears.
42 hours.
I didnt have a gun either.
We stopped at a Greyhound bus station and I was 30 seconds into a 60 second plan about faking my own death when they came back.
Bitching about the food at a ******* Greyhound bus station while not being on the bus or having to buy any of it.
Ive come to understand that this may be why I constantly down vote aggresive tires. and gas station food and travelling with In-laws and marriage.
I have undiagnosed disinegrating tread block truama.
ok now, That's an epic analysis lol If you need a a hug I'll give you one.,,,, jebbus H........

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok now, That's an epic analysis lol If you need a a hug I'll give you one.,,,, jebbus H........
My cat punched her and broke her nose.
She got in a full on fist fight with A.J. Foight at Phoenix International Raceway.
She started a fight with Jenny Garth at the Hard Rock in Vegas.
She foot stomped some guy into the concrete curb when I walked a couple of blocks away to get the car.
When I pulled up her younger sister wrapped the license plate with her sweater so they couldnt get the plate number.
This is for me a really odd and life changing moment.
I was driving, my wife in the passenger seat.
Her younger sister behind me, and the sisters husband in the rear passenger seat.
I looked at him in the rearview mirror and he looked at me and we that is the very moment when we both figured out that the fun was not the truth.
All of the sudden we have to cover up crimes commited by our wives
Which is just the barest skimming of the surface of what they have done.
Boldness and confidence are not the same as soulesness and heartlessness
But those differing personalities can end end up tied toghether in a ******* knot of hatred and revenge.
Even if ypu dont want anything to do with them.
If your ex is a CPA or a cop or works for the federal government in any way you are ****** for life.
My advice? Dont bail out of a 5 year relationship because she pissed you off and then go propose to some whack job youve only known for two months and propose to marry her just because your lease was up and the third friggen 700r4 rebuild on your K5 failed and your girlfriend took.a few shots at you with the 9mm you bought her for her birthday.
Ive been married for twenty years now and she hardly ever wants to shoot me.
It makes me feel very relaxed and safe.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My cat punched her and broke her nose.
She got in a full on fist fight with A.J. Foight at Phoenix International Raceway.
She started a fight with Jenny Garth at the Hard Rock in Vegas.
She foot stomped some guy into the concrete curb when I walked a couple of blocks away to get the car.
When I pulled up her younger sister wrapped the license plate with her sweater so they couldnt get the plate number.
This is for me a really odd and life changing moment.
I was driving, my wife in the passenger seat.
Her younger sister behind me, and the sisters husband in the rear passenger seat.
I looked at him in the rearview mirror and he looked at me and we that is the very moment when we both figured out that the fun was not the truth.
All of the sudden we have to cover up crimes commited by our wives
Which is just the barest skimming of the surface of what they have done.
Boldness and confidence are not the same as soulesness and heartlessness
But those differing personalities can end end up tied toghether in a ******* knot of hatred and revenge.
Even if ypu dont want anything to do with them.
If your ex is a CPA or a cop or works for the federal government in any way you are ****** for life.
My advice? Dont bail out of a 5 year relationship because she pissed you off and then go propose to some whack job youve only known for two months and propose to marry her just because your lease was up and the third friggen 700r4 rebuild on your K5 failed and your girlfriend took.a few shots at you with the 9mm you bought her for her birthday.
Ive been married for twenty years now and she hardly ever wants to shoot me.
It makes me feel very relaxed and safe.
You're describing psychotic, I was with an individual that would scream and raise hell, punch and scratch themselves before they would throw themselves down a flight a of stairs only to get up and calmly call the police to tell them I left all the black and blue marks. Police would get there, and the police would tell me point blank "you need to get the f out of this. How? I would ask. If I leave with you she's pressing charges and I'm the one going to jail. It wasn't until she got in a lnock down, drag out, hair pulling, fist fight with her son until I got a clean exit without myself involved in the issue.

Last edited: