Stupid Brake Cable Equalizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So the parking brake cable in my 2000 K3500 was snapped back when I bought it about 7 years ago and I’m just getting around to doing the full brake system now. It’s all done and I’m just connecting the cables. I bought new rear cables and a new equalizer, the same style as was on the truck. I can’t fit the life of me understand how it’s supposed to work. I get that the right parking brake cable threads into the equalizer. The equalizer then gets the driver side cable out through the other end and connects to the front cable via the connector. Then the equalizer hooks over the end of the driver side cable sheath. But how does the equalizer activate the passenger side cable? It’s only hooking up to the driver side sheath, not the moving cable. The way it’s set up, it would only activate the driver side. Any help? An I missing something? The attached pic is not mine, but identical. It still doesn’t look like it would work.
You must be registered for see images attach