Steering stabilizer questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here you go , sorry it took awhile.....
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't see a spot like that on my truck to mount the bracket on the frame next to the sway bar, but I think I'll order one soon and just see how it works out.. Thanks for the pictures!

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
installed it on mine... honestly didn't notice a difference

I have some play in my idler arm and pitman arm.. I'm hoping a steering stabilizer would tighten up the play in my steering.. Would it help?

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not, but if you replace the pitman and idler...........That might help....

I have replaced everything under the front of my truck and I do mean everything, I still have sloppy steering. atleast it is to me

House003

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably not, but if you replace the pitman and idler...........That might help....

I have replaced everything under the front of my truck and I do mean everything, I still have sloppy steering. atleast it is to me

Well i was planning on doing that at some point.. how hard is it to replace those? I know the parts aren't too expensive

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have some play in my idler arm and pitman arm.. I'm hoping a steering stabilizer would tighten up the play in my steering.. Would it help?
doubt it will, because it didn't on mine. i have some play in my pitman arm where it goes onto the steering box for some reason, even though i have the nut cranked down really tight. and i even put thick washers on to help, but it still moves around. i have already replaced the idler arm with the super heavy duty moog one. im gonna end up eventually buying the moog pitman arm as well and see if that helps. also because of this play, i get a bit of a shaky steering feel when braking and coming to a stop. also, its a little sloppy and light while driving as well. which is surprising with the big tires. eventually i think i may do the jeep steering shaft upgrade

No sway bar?

How does it handle, I took mine off once before but I had stiff lift springs....was thinking of removing it again

no sir. no sway bar front or rear. it surprisingly doesn't handle that bad

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
doubt it will, because it didn't on mine. i have some play in my pitman arm where it goes onto the steering box for some reason, even though i have the nut cranked down really tight. and i even put thick washers on to help, but it still moves around. i have already replaced the idler arm with the super heavy duty moog one. im gonna end up eventually buying the moog pitman arm as well and see if that helps. also because of this play, i get a bit of a shaky steering feel when braking and coming to a stop. also, its a little sloppy and light while driving as well. which is surprising with the big tires. eventually i think i may do the jeep steering shaft upgrade

That sounds like you need a new steering box, to me.