Steering stabilizer questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Steering box is new, I just replaced it a few months ago. Lol

If the pitman arm is moving around, you've got a bad box, no matter how new it is.......unless you re-used a pitman arm that's just in horrible shape, and it's moving on the shaft, but I'd think you would have noticed that.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced my box twice with brand new Moog pitman / idler , tie rods , B/J's and it still sucks lol

Got scary today, felt like the front end was steering itself.... time to check the front end AGAIN!! I swear if the B/J's are hammered again im just going to slam this ******!!

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the pitman arm is moving around, you've got a bad box, no matter how new it is.......unless you re-used a pitman arm that's just in horrible shape, and it's moving on the shaft, but I'd think you would have noticed that.
Its pivoting up and down on the shaft for some reason. Didnt look worn when I swapped the box out the leaky box, but its still possible. Lol

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
I know this thread is kind of old but I am looking for some input on the RC steering stabilizer. I just purchased one for my truck a few weeks ago and decided to install it today. Well, where the bracket that uses the steering box bolt goes, there is a stupid bracket welded to the frame that interferes with the RC bracket. The truck came from the factory like that and there is a electrical sensor looking thing mounted to it. I'm guessing its an impact sensor for the airbag but I am not sure. It must be a 1995 thing. I'm probably just going to send that stabilizer back if that turns out to be the case. Its night right now so I will snap a picture of it tomorrow and post it up.

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
So here is the bracket with sensor that keeps this stabilizer kit from mounting up
You must be registered for see images attach

MazingerZ

Reaction score
Would the steering stabiliser make the steering box and the pitman arm work harder?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Not unless your running a slalom course. The speed that you turn the wheel on the street would has no effect.