Steering slop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The wider tires cause more drag and at highway speeds cause your tires to mimic not having enough toe-in, so you physically toe them in more to counter that effect.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys this steering mod looks great. but im confused as to if it will work on my truck. 1997 k3500? and if it will work, a 1995 jeep cherokee xj intermediate steering shaft is what i need to get? i will probably get a new one instead of picking one at the junkyard.

any help guys?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ooooooo fuuuuuuuuck.............they really wont work on 96+?! O.O sum beech, already ordered 4!!!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I've read, an I know it won't work on my truck. Look at the pics of the older columns an then go look at yours you will see the difference. there is actually a joint (or something) on the inside of the cab in the newer ones.

It made me sad too....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shrug: I suppose it would as long as its not from a grand cherokee. Its the truck columns that changed, not the Jeep stuff. There is a year range on the Jeep shafts but I can't find it right now....

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
werd! it looked like it will fit. it's not a GC, however i coulda picked up one of those for $1.50 and $20 shipping...

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The year range in nates thread says 89-96. Says the 97 cherokee got a different box with different splines.

Im hitting the yards this weekend to look for hoods so I'm going to grab one of these an see if it will work or not for 98's....