Steering slop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Looks great! How is the performance? Big change?

I got mine in yesterday but I still need to have it heated so it will collapse, guess I'll take it to a local exhaust shop if I ever have time!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Other than the fact that the front end of my truck needs a little more toe-in, it's made a noticable difference. I can hold a line better & the truck doesn't have the vague or slight twitchy feeling that both my trucks had before this mod. The truck just seems to drive more precisely. Feels more connected to road.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys this steering mod looks great. but im confused as to if it will work on my truck. 1997 k3500? and if it will work, a 1995 jeep cherokee xj intermediate steering shaft is what i need to get? i will probably get a new one instead of picking one at the junkyard.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Other than the fact that the front end of my truck needs a little more toe-in, it's made a noticable difference. I can hold a line better & the truck doesn't have the vague or slight twitchy feeling that both my trucks had before this mod. The truck just seems to drive more precisely. Feels more connected to road.

what does the truck needs a little more "toe-in" mean? how do you know if you need it or not ?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what does the truck needs a little more "toe-in" mean? how do you know if you need it or not ?

Toe is an allignment term for how much the tires are pointed at/away from each other. I have no idea what the spec is for our trucks though.

You must be registered for see images

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
.2 degrees toe-in is optimal for rwd trucks....fwd is the opposite, it's usually .15 degrees toe-out.