Static drop questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First question, has anyone heard of flipping z71 upper control arms to achieve proper (or better) alignment of the upper ball joints on lowered 2 wheel drive trucks? Second question, I have a 4/6 drop with shock extenders, and I'm wanting to re locate the shocks to, hopefully, get better handling. Any suggestions or pictures would be great.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stroker52 has the best set up in the rear that I've seen, or can'tget pics to load from phone. I'm thinking of welding round tubing from 1 side of the frame to the other, near my cnotch. And mounting shocks more in the center, above rear diff and then down by the leaf springs. Will that help,? Cornerin , ride quality,? Anything?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Just let Sewlew shine in the shocks. Hes got the whole write up on how to relocate the top shock mounts to give it the correct angle for better ride quality. Im going to do it to my dually. Also for the z71 trick ... never heard of it .... im curious to know about it too !

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read somewhere where c2500 upper control arms bolt up. And all you have to do is drill 2 holes for the balljounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw sewlews write up, very nice job. And polar I've been drooling over you build thread for the last few days. That's where I saw Stroker52 'so pics. I'd like to have shocks in front of the axle tho. I'm thinking a bolt welded to the plate under the leaf springs for the bottom the shock . I think a crossbar like Stroker52 (but in front of rear diff) then take the stock upper shock mounts, cut them to fit on top of crossbar, with a little of the sides of original USM to act as gussets.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of people saying no don't do it, it'll break, it's not good..... But they all have bags