started to plasti dip my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when i go to paint it i think i want a really bright white with some blue pearl in it.white just looks so good on a slammed truck it makes it look longer or something.thats what she said lol.or maybe like a deep deep blue like royal blue or something.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i finally finished both sides of the truck today all i got left is the roof
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't tell for sure and you probably already know this but your esky clip look's like it's still in the E coat primer, if it is you need to get it primed or it will surface rust quickly.

2smokey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey 90chevystepside you know i only spent about 60 bucks on cans of the stuff.it was cheaper then i thought it was gonna be.i used 5 cans to get where i am now and i got 2 more left to finish my roof.and yea i got some goof off already.dont you think whipping it off would make a huge mess instead of just pulling it off in sheets like iv seen on youtube?thats where i got the idea in the first place i saw a video of this dude doing a vw golf and then the next day i went out and bought all the cans lol.na the esky front is sprayed in a semi flat black paint thats why i didnt do the front in plasti.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
hey 90chevystepside you know i only spent about 60 bucks on cans of the stuff.it was cheaper then i thought it was gonna be.i used 5 cans to get where i am now and i got 2 more left to finish my roof.and yea i got some goof off already.dont you think whipping it off would make a huge mess instead of just pulling it off in sheets like iv seen on youtube?thats where i got the idea in the first place i saw a video of this dude doing a vw golf and then the next day i went out and bought all the cans lol.na the esky front is sprayed in a semi flat black paint thats why i didnt do the front in plasti.

Well it really depends on how thick the layers are. On my buddies rockers, we did 2 very light coats. It worked great, but when we went to pull it off, it kept tearing in small pieces. But then on my front bumper, I put 3 good coats, and it peeled off great. If you have trouble pulling it off, then I'd use the goof off. I'm surprised 5 cans was enough to do that much, but didn't you say you used thinner or something, so that might have made it cover more surface area, idk, I've just used the straight cans of it, never used thinner or anything.