Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
oh yea.......i almost forgot.

i bought seperate fog lenses for the Oscar+'s......again, from fleabay........bought them from the guy i got those 4 Cibie e-code 5 3/4's lights....he does a lot of Euro-car repair/resto work i gather.....

You must be registered for see images attach

a beautiful and complex lens.

this has the "B" in a box denoting a front FOG lamp. the SAE F5 from what i can gather means legal in America as a FOG lamp.

no bulbs or bulb holders, just the lenses

the complete lights i bought have an odd fluted lens that seems more like a driving light. that was the question i had for him, but he didn't answer....all the other Oscar fogs have the same lenses as above......wtf do i know?

perhaps with a 100W H2 these fogs will be a beauty broad beamed slow-speed multi purpose lamp.....we'll test it and find out....i sure as fu@k have enough lights to check out, huh?

EDIT: i've come to find out i bought Oscar Plus DRIVING lights(as i surmised), that were sold on e-bay as "OSCAR fog lights" and came in fog boxes.....remember, he didn't answer my question before the sale....and now also own FOG lenses for the PLUS housings.......yay me.

Last edited:

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Hadn't heard from you in so long I was going to put an APB out on ya'

i know i said i was going upstate for a spell.....i even put that i was packin and the time i left.......was before all the videos and ****......haha.....thanks for the care and concern.......ain't had an APB out on me in over 10 years....LMFAO!

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know i said i was going upstate for a spell.....i even put that i was packin and the time i left.......was before all the videos and ****......haha.....thanks for the care and concern.......ain't had an APB out on me in over 10 years....LMFAO!
Yeah, I knew you were headin' out. Just thought I'd screw with ya'.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's a copy of the Cibie catalog from 1985......back in the day, i can actually remember thinking these were "high falootin lights", LMAO.....they WERE expensive.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/documentation_1985_cibie_catalog

i'll see if i can find a more recent version....i need one from the '90's for researching what i now own.