Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
alright.....i went out today and did a few things......was a nice 35* and cloudy. there's actually a whole bunch of bending and squatting to do this gig.......my neck is killin me too....:wtf2:

You must be registered for see images attach

Can I just take a second to congratulate you on living someplace in NYC that actually has a yard? Nicely done!

You need to have a small amount of electrical know how to play with devices that can generate enough voltage to kill, like this:

Please stop posting your amplifier ***********, it's making me jealous. :lol: I've got car stuff to play with for days, but my daily driver indoors is still a 90's Denon integrated unit packing a whopping 40W per channel. Running efficient speakers helps, though!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Can I just take a second to congratulate you on living someplace in NYC that actually has a yard? Nicely done!

Please stop posting your amplifier ***********, it's making me jealous. :lol: I've got car stuff to play with for days, but my daily driver indoors is still a 90's Denon integrated unit packing a whopping 40W per channel. Running efficient speakers helps, though!

i was thinking that was some kind of amplifier and was hoping someone would clarify that.......

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's a couple for sale:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FAL...T-DRIVERS-SIDE-TICKFORD-GENUINE-/201409211581
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FAL...ASSENGERS-SIDE-TICKFORD-GENUINE-/201409209023
converts to 169 AUD =127.748 USD each plus shipping.
compared to 325 AUD =245.687 USD new.
i really like the look of these. think swapping left to right would get it shining the correct way for the US.
disregard, these wouldn't fit. brackets are wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201409211581?rmvSB=true

if you go to the ebay listing(^^^^) and "hover" over the low beam picture....to to right side of the bulb, above the "E" in a circle you'll see an arrow(<-)...that tells me it's a "right hand traffic" lens......unless i can't see the right side of the arrow indicating BOTH left AND right hand traffic........not sure on this.

as per Daniel Stern
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

Some older reflector-type headlamp designs use a bulb holder that can be rotated through an angle of 30 degrees and the bulb locked in either a "Right Hand Traffic" or "Left Hand Traffic" position, and some modern European (ECE/EEC) projector headlamps have a similar capacity to produce either a left-traffic or a right-traffic beam by moving a lever. Such headlamps can be used on either side of the road, but only if they are shifted into the correct position for the traffic in which you intend to drive. Here is how to read ECE traffic-direction markings:

• → Low beam is suitable only for use in Left Hand Traffic (e.g., Britain, Australia, Africa, Japan)
  • [NO ARROW] Low beam is suitable only for use in Right Hand Traffic (US, Canada, Continental Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, etc.)
  • ↔ Low beam is adaptable for use on either side of the road (many projector lamps and older reflector high/low lamps)

The traffic-handedness marking applies only to low-beam headlamps. Arrows are also used on all ECE/EEC signalling devices, such as parking lamps, brake lamps, Daytime Running lamps, turn signals, etc., to indicate which side of the vehicle they're intended to fit. The specifications for signalling devices call for specific horizontal angles through which the device must be visible, so the device can convey its message to everybody who needs to see it. These visibility angles are equal but opposite for devices on the left and on the right side of the vehicle, hence the need for side-of-vehicle arrows.

i know the Bosch H4 lams that are no longer available were on "some" Aussie trucks....and German export '99-'02 Camaros.

it warrants a good search for sure!