Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
it's like with Harleys....the ignitions....i can build a single fire dual point set-up....electronic iggy with 1.6, 3 or 5 ohm coils, how fast the rise time is, what i want it to do, heat...blabla....but i can DO all that stuff........i never built a car or truck engine.....swapped a few bolt on *****, but never BUILT on from scratch.....can do shovels in my sleep with one hand tied behind my back.

i AM willing to remain teachable though....when i think i have all the answers, i stop and realize i don't even have the right QUESTIONS....LOL.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
On old houses that had knob and tube, and / or 2 wire outlets, then someone tied in and put 3 wire outlets, gotta watch out for reversed hot - neutral bootleg ground outlets..... they can be deadly, and a 3 light tester will not pick up this dangerous condition.

i learned about that rebuilding houses upstate...did lots of resto work on stuff built as far back as 1785...hobble cobbed from hell to breakfast over the decades...worse on top of bad....i lived in a farm house that the attic and 2 rooms were still knob and tube........bzzzzzzzzzakkkkk

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
it's like with Harleys....the ignitions....i can build a single fire dual point set-up....electronic iggy with 1.6, 3 or 5 ohm coils, how fast the rise time is, what i want it to do, heat...blabla....but i can DO all that stuff........i never built a car or truck engine.....swapped a few bolt on *****, but never BUILT on from scratch.....can do shovels in my sleep with one hand tied behind my back.

i AM willing to remain teachable though....when i think i have all the answers, i stop and realize i don't even have the right QUESTIONS....LOL.

When you reach that point, you realize just how little you know about everything. I know I have experienced that in the past a few times. Only then do you figure out how to search and find the answers you are looking for, and formulate your questions based on your knowledge.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
When you reach that point, you realize just how little you know about everything. I know I have experienced that in the past a few times. Only then do you figure out how to search and find the answers you are looking for, and formulate your questions based on your knowledge.

or lack thereof....the hardest word in the English language is "HALP"

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You need to have a small amount of electrical know how to play with devices that can generate enough voltage to kill, like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
http://www.gmt400.com/threads/aussie-gmc-c3500.34428/

thumbnail_imag0738-jpg.39432

Hi Dr Zoom,
I think they are Ford Falcon XR6/8 headlights from around that era. Not sure why they changed out the originals, but every ex-ambulance I've seen here has a similar set up. For now I'll keep them I don't mind the look. I'm loving the bench seat, its like a couch compared to any other car I've owned.

imag0860-jpg.39626

imag0861-jpg.39627

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
You need to have a small amount of electrical know how to play with devices that can generate enough voltage to kill, like this:

i have no idea what that is, but i'd probably have fun welding with it........LMAO

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
oh man....cool as hell.....a little search led me here: http://www.twinlight.com.au/twinlightspareparts.htm

thanks for that....it hasn't left my mind yet....but i'm sure it will leech out soon enough.

and i have a friend in Australia......i highly doubt it would be a problem getting them......wanting to pay for them plus shipping for it is another story.........hell, i used to DRINK that a week, LOL

Last edited: