Spitting/Sputtering/Backfiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
So, my 1996 ECSB with the 350 Vortec has intermittently developed a problem.

Started up just fine, went and drove around town for about an hour, way home it starting sputtering and spitting, give it more throttle then usual and it will power through it but then when you let off it gives a little backfire.

It has done this about 4 times over the last 3-4 months, when it first happened i had my buddy scan it, Cam sensor was retarded 16*, we got that all fixed, truck ran great.

This problem is very intermittent, truck will run great for a long time, then all of a sudden it will do this, then it wont for weeks.

My heater also isnt working sometimes and when it does it is high only, i have replaced literally every piece in the heating electronics, also if i have the truck on HI, and put it to one mark below HI, idle will increase by about 200RPM.

Any ideas guys?, im starting to think it is a ground issue, im at a complete loss!