Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why dont you just remove the bars and put them above, you can unbolt it and drop the tranny cross member if need be

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
******* had this problem with his on fsc with his realift.

"expect to have to lower the transmission crossmember an inch, which makes room for the bars. Realift didn't include the spacers in the kit either. It requires two 1" spacers for the two tranny mount bolts (get longer bolts). If you don't want to lower the crossmember, you can cut the tranny crossmember on each side and weld a section that I can only describe as a squared upsidedown U. "

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He said it will be just as quick to build a new crossmember so he's doing that but now I'm in double the cost $$ I'm a little mad he said he could do it and quoted me and now here I am with no choice really but the custom crossmember will go above and not hang down and defeat the purpose of tge realift plus its same price as doing spacers....sigh fml I'm glad ab it I guess but not the $ surprises.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing worth doing is simple. I find it ridiculous realift doesn't include instructions or the spacers too.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its going to be nice and perfect but its just another let down/surprise ya know. Nothing can ever just go as planned. Ever. Ill have some pics up tonight though.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Daaaang this custom crossmember is lookin gooooood bout finished then to exhaust shop I go then get u guys some pics :)