Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would bro but I dunno how to link it from my phone :think:
Guys I've been thro hell today its getting exhaust fixed now I went to 3 exhaust shops when I was down there and they all weeent worth a damn so I came back in town to where I had exhaust dine here they put me right in and quoted me lower than all those other tire kicker exhaust shops. As much as I love automotive world sometimes I hATE mechanics sometimes they all have the same ****** attitude and try to bs you bc really theyre too lazy. Anyway I'm almost dine then u get ur pics!

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
ALLL THIS ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME! lol also if you have a photobucket you can upload cell shots drirect to that and copy and paste form there site. the iphone makes it a lot easier. not sure what you got.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I can download them through photobucket on my droid as well, sucks that you went through so much hell and unexpected expenses today. Did you get the steering stabilizer done while you were there as well or still have to finish that? And if you can get a pipe wrench on the bold it will grip it better than pliers will since it is designed to grip the smooth surfaces of pipes then twist it out.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright fellas the anticipation is OVER. I also got to the exhaust shop in the nick of time and get it all buttoned up. It sounded like SHIIITTTT, but were good now :D

Also, I'm surprised with the realift installed I have way more thread on my tbar bolts...Them all the way near bottoming out it sits dead level which is what it's at right now. The first pic is with it jacked way up and it rode like hell and had to hold steering wheel all the way to the right to go straight so I took it back and we took them way down and so now it's like dead level as you'll see in the other pics in my driveway. I'm about to go out right now it give it it's CALI back :D As good as the ride is now with it dead level I don't care it still rides perfect with the bit of Cali.

Guys, I went through HELL today but I'm dedicated to making this truck exactly like I want it and nothing less. Check out the killer job the dude did on the new custom crossmember. The exhaust shop did a fantastic job as well and didn't give me any bullshit.

If any of you want more pics or anything just let me know and I'll get em.

Old crossmember when we realized we either had to go up or down with it. Very glad we went custom, or else it would be mounted on the bottom of the frame, hang down and totally defeat the purpose of the realift.
You must be registered for see images attach

New crossmember in and all notched up :D

This is the picture where he had the Tbars maxed because something about the realift pushes the keys down so he set them "where they were before" but it was huge. LOVE the look but F*** the way it rode, and how the steering was.

Notice the two little gold bolts. Mounted the trans X member from the side like that so those will get painted black

Dead level. Which I'm about to go fix right now :evillol:

I hope this can serve as a guide for anyone doing this in the future in the hopes that they do not have to go through what I did today. Today sucked but now that I'm home, it was worth it.

Also my pictures do automatically upload to photobucket but I didn't know I could directly copy the image and put it on here, just seemed impossible to upload them all that way. Anyway, enjoy! I'll check back in after I get done crankin'!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow thats nice.

you gotten an alignment yet?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha yeah but not this week. I've done enough shop sitting and bullshitting with mechanics to last me the month.

2.5 turns on the torsion bars and I'm going goin bak bak to CALI! CALI! Sits about perfect just like it was from what I can tell. Got both fenders right @ 47"

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Pics of the exhaust, looks good with the brackets gone and torsion bars moved up where they should be