Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found this. See I it can spark an idea. It's all I could find on this set up: http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0904or_extreme_suspension_1988_to_1998_chevy_lift_kit/photo_19.html

Holy **** man, how did you find that? I already knew where the mounting points were...I found out earlier but I was unsure which side the can goes on and which side the boot/rod goes on...In that main pic doesn't it look like he mounted the can on the driver side? Cuz brett said he believes the can goes on the passenger but in that pic it looks like driver side is correct. Thanks alot for finding me that my friend.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Almost everytime I look at this truck......Make that everytime I look at this truck I cream myself :evillol:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hahahaha thanks alot man. I woke up this morning and walked outside and just stared at it for a little while lol. 5 years I've had it lifted on 35's, and the 37's and now these double shock hoops, I still am not used to.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No problem. I googled it and found it. Lol I also see your on fsc. I have one too

That's weird I googled it a bunch of diff times never came up with that :think: Anyway, yea I'm registered on FSC but I go on maybe twice a year to post up a thread or something. I really just stick to GMFS and here most of the time.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Same here. I like all Chevys but I'm a big fan of this body style. And aboutthe google, I googled dick cepek lift and in another forum it said lift help. So I assumed it was to help people with the lift and in that post someone said try this site I clicked and wallah I found that pic. It's the same way how I stumbled across gmt400. A few years back I was lookig up something and google popped up a insert from this site. So not to get sidetracked about that did you get the stabilizer installed? Because logically mine on the front axle bolt to the tie rod and the axle. So a moving part ofthe steering to a stable part. I'd just apply that logic to your set up

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah buddy but no it's not installed. It connects from the steering link to the crosslink...The problem is, if you remember the pic I posted there is like 1 main bolt that is double sided threads...That bolt threads into the crosslink, the shock slips over it onto the middle section of the bolt then you bolt it on the opposite side of the thread to secure it. The main problem is that it doesn't want to thread into the cross link at all. Brett said it could be the powdercoating got down in there on alot of these lifts and creates alot of problems for him in the past, so it may need to get tapped...Right now I put the top nut on that bolt so I could use a socket and try to tighten it in....Well, it tightened up real quick (like 1 or 2 turns in which aint good) and so I took that top nut off and now it's just stuck in the crosslink...The problem is I've twisted on it with everything I've got but I cannot find a tool to use to loosen it. Pliers do no good...Metal against greasy slippery metal ain't gonna get that thing out. Anyway, I'm getting up 7 a.m. and heading to do the REALIFT down in MS, and so I'm just going to sit my ass there while they do the realift but I'm also going to see if he has something to get that bolt out so we can throw the stabilizer on....BUT I have a feeling that the crosslink threads may need to be tapped in order to re thread it, but then I'm not sure if my double sided bolt will fit if we have to tap it....UGH I swear man...Anytime I have something to do like this on the truck. Something that takes 2 minutes and 2 bolts I somehow always turn it into a problem within a problem :nono: Like yesterday I go to install the thing and I come out covered head to toe in sweat and all I did was create problems. Anyway, I'll quit my bitching. I'm just a little pissed, however I'm super stoked for tomorrow :D Hopefully we can figure something out with the stabilizer but it's not like it's something special or anything so it can wait if need be.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im ready to see this thing with the locators, it will look awesome