Sound Deadning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LEDS would be nice ... but I'm not spending ANY money until this Headunit is one the way to my house ...
I work nights ... Be going to bed in a few ... but not sure what the wife has planned for tomorrow (hopefully nothing for me) ...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well if you've got say an hour or so to spare tomorrow, I'll swing by....and don't worry man, they're on the house. (advertisement) ;)

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if you've got say an hour or so to spare tomorrow, I'll swing by....and don't worry man, they're on the house. (advertisement) ;)
Man ... Sorry I couldn't meet up with you this weekend Sir ... I would really like to have this setup !!! Very busy weekend ...
I'm on vacation for a few days later on this week ... Send me a PM for my number ...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I won't be back in Mississippi until after thanksgiving, but next time I'm going through your way, I'll give you a shout and figure where to meet.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I love how you mounted the tweeters on the A pillars. Are those aftermarket pillars or did you use some plastic/fiberglass work or something? It looks factory!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love how you mounted the tweeters on the A pillars. Are those aftermarket pillars or did you use some plastic/fiberglass work or something? It looks factory!
Thank you Sir ...
Custom built with fiberglass ... Team Linear / Blues World Car Audio Champion member Mike Flanagan built those for me ...
Months and months of tweeter location palcements till we got the correct stageing and imageing just by using tweeters ...

sadly to say the driver side will need to be recovered before next years competition season ... got snagged on something ...
Stuff like that is kinda unavoidable when your competition vehicle also doubles as your primary daily family driver vehicle ... and work truck on occasions ...

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Thank you Sir ...
Custom built with fiberglass ... Team Linear / Blues World Car Audio Champion member Mike Flanagan built those for me ...
Months and months of tweeter location palcements till we got the correct stageing and imageing just by using tweeters ...

sadly to say the driver side will need to be recovered before next years competition season ... got snagged on something ...
Stuff like that is kinda unavoidable when your competition vehicle also doubles as your primary daily family driver vehicle ... and work truck on occasions ...

I figured as much. They look factory though! I really like them. I am currently looking for tweeter locations for my mild build, so it caught my eye. :hmm:

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks bro ... In these trucks, I wouldn't put the front stage tweeters anywhere else ...
we basically drilled holes in the factory pillars and attached a 45 degree bent all thread screw in the approximate location ... mounted the tweets to the screws and moved them around in testing untill we got the correct sound ... may have to drill acouple of holes in the pillars to get it right ... but worth it ...
once the location was set, we removed the tweets from the bowls, covered the a pillars with fleece and glue, resined ti really good a time or two, sanded to a smoothe finish, then covered the pillars with vinal ... Tight fit back into factory location, but worked out great ...

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
They look to be aimed up about 30-45 degrees and parallel with front of dash, I agree that shooting it across dash instead of "in your face!!!" is always much more pleasant....my nephew screamed me to death with his, they were aimed directly at the corresponding passenger's head. :badidea: