Sound Deadning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good job!
I was going to do the inner metal panel of the doors in a layer of the deadener, but that memory foam trick is pretty slick! Being an interior guy, I'm always looking for new ideas. After 30 years doing this, I'm still learning. And not just from other upholsterers. Thumbs up!
Looks awesome, great write-up! I need to do this!
Thank you Guys !!!
No, I can not take the credit for the memory foam idea ... That was my mentor Robert Rayfield (owner of Linear Power / Blues Car Audio) ...

4ofakind

Reaction score
How long ago did you do this? Have you checked behind your door panels lately for water seepage? I ask because the memory foam you installed is open celled foam and not good because it absorbs and retains water. The slightest leak could be causing early door rot. Closed cell foam is a more preferred product to use. Please check. You don't want all that beautiful work or those awesome speakers messed up.

Mal

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How long ago did you do this? Have you checked behind your door panels lately for water seepage? I ask because the memory foam you installed is open celled foam and not good because it absorbs and retains water. The slightest leak could be causing early door rot. Closed cell foam is a more preferred product to use. Please check. You don't want all that beautiful work or those awesome speakers messed up.

Mal
Checked recently ... no leaks ...
Thank you ...

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, there deadener is pretty reasonable. If I ordered two rolls of the 60 mm deadener (25 sq feet per roll) I would plenty to do my doors, floorboards, and rear of the cab....right?

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, there deadener is pretty reasonable. If I ordered two rolls of the 60 mm deadener (25 sq feet per roll) I would plenty to do my doors, floorboards, and rear of the cab....right?
I'm looking at 3 rolls for my entire Sound Quality project ... but 2 might work, not sure ... Trial and error I guess bro ...
Coleman is very knowledgeable and very reasonable ... Please send him a email ...
and please tell him Randal sent you !!!
Thank you ...

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at 3 rolls for my entire Sound Quality project ... but 2 might work, not sure ... Trial and error I guess bro ...
Coleman is very knowledgeable and very reasonable ... Please send him a email ...
and please tell him Randal sent you !!!
Thank you ...

I only have a standard cab and dont want to do the headliner. I called him and he said 50 ft would work. I ordered to 60 mm rolls and said Randal said to call....he said thanks.

Should be here before Thanksgiving break so i can install.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great man!

What do you suggest for all the open air space in the rear cab pillars, headliner frame, etc, were it is a skeleton from but just open space?

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good!! Thats what i will be doing this spring and maby putting bigger spks in the doors and did you take the handle off the pass a pillar? i like your
tweeter install and i just took my pods off sinse i swap my dash to a 97 dash i will make another fiberglass pair.

Attachments

• qlcp 004.jpg
    qlcp 004.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 26

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I only have a standard cab and dont want to do the headliner. I called him and he said 50 ft would work. I ordered to 60 mm rolls and said Randal said to call....he said thanks.

Should be here before Thanksgiving break so i can install.
Thank you Sir !!!

Looks great man!

What do you suggest for all the open air space in the rear cab pillars, headliner frame, etc, were it is a skeleton from but just open space?
Foam it up bro !!! I have some of those pics (i think) on the way on this thread ...
been working too much lately to catch up on my forum threads ... Sorry ...

looks good!! Thats what i will be doing this spring and maby putting bigger spks in the doors and did you take the handle off the pass a pillar? i like your
tweeter install and i just took my pods off sinse i swap my dash to a 97 dash i will make another fiberglass pair.
Thank you !!! and yea, my handle on the passenger a-pillar had to go ...
Can't wait to see your finished setup ... be sure to post pics !!!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

First time incerting attachments ... hope it works ...