Sound Deadning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Being around 'custom' interiors all day, I've seen some pretty hokey crap when it comes stereo installs.
Even my '97, which supposedley was installed by a 'pro' (meaning the P.O. paid for it) didn't even have a cage mounted in the dash for the H/U. (!) It would fall out if I shifted 1-2 hard, & hang by the wires in front of the heat controls.

Those 'A' pillar tweets are really nice! I like the small, flat, little lips around the perimeter of the speakers. That makes 'em look almost factory, instead of an aftermarket after thought. I also like the way that they have a nice transition with the shape of the pod to the pillar. You're fiberglass guy has an eye for design! It's small little design features like that, that make an interior go from being just O.K., to being exceptional. The average Joe wouldn't know 'why' it looks better than the other interiors, he would just know that it does. Well done!

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Thanks bro ... In these trucks, I wouldn't put the front stage tweeters anywhere else ...
we basically drilled holes in the factory pillars and attached a 45 degree bent all thread screw in the approximate location ... mounted the tweets to the screws and moved them around in testing untill we got the correct sound ... may have to drill acouple of holes in the pillars to get it right ... but worth it ...
once the location was set, we removed the tweets from the bowls, covered the a pillars with fleece and glue, resined ti really good a time or two, sanded to a smoothe finish, then covered the pillars with vinal ... Tight fit back into factory location, but worked out great ...

They sure came out nicely. Seeing as I do not have the resources to get my a pillars modified, I think I will try to mount mine in the dash near the defrost vents.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They look to be aimed up about 30-45 degrees and parallel with front of dash, I agree that shooting it across dash instead of "in your face!!!" is always much more pleasant....my nephew screamed me to death with his, they were aimed directly at the corresponding passenger's head. :badidea:

They are aiming for just behind the rear view mirror ... Just where the singer would be if you was watching her on stage ...
Yea, I've never been a fan for that "on axis" theory either ... kinda makes you tired of listening to music ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those 'A' pillar tweets are really nice! I like the small, flat, little lips around the perimeter of the speakers. That makes 'em look almost factory, instead of an aftermarket after thought. I also like the way that they have a nice transition with the shape of the pod to the pillar. You're fiberglass guy has an eye for design! It's small little design features like that, that make an interior go from being just O.K., to being exceptional. The average Joe wouldn't know 'why' it looks better than the other interiors, he would just know that it does. Well done!
Thank you Sir ... Yea, Mike is good at that stuff ... you should see his Trail Blazer ...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They sure came out nicely. Seeing as I do not have the resources to get my a pillars modified, I think I will try to mount mine in the dash near the defrost vents.
Please try and make them as far apart as possible ... If it was me, I would drill a hole in the same area as mine and install a small "all thread" bolt in and mount your tweeter bowls just like mine angled in the same direction ... just a suggestion bro ...
Fiberglassing is the easy part ... I can walk you through that ... plus would make an interesting thread ...

Last edited: