Small power adders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im rebuilding a 98 5.7 and i have a few mods i plan to make and would like some input. I have a marine spec cam and assembly, headers, electric fans, plan on an egr delete and tune, and some small port work to the heads. Anything else small i can do for a few extra ponies?

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a set of longtubes picked out. and anything i can do for $200 or so. not lookin to make a hot rod just a little extra power while im at it. already had a pair of fans and a junk low hour marine engine layin around for the cam.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
Did you say you have the marine engine sitting around for the cam? I don't think a cam that is spec'd for a marine engine will work out that well. The power curve is all wrong because they are set up for use without a transmission.

I would have thought you are keeping that thing for the intake. :driver:

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correction. I pulled it out and its a 7395 cam which is what GMPP uses on their ht383 and ramjet engines. Not a ZZ4 so Looks like imma use it. (.431 lift intake .451 lift exh. 196/206 dur. 109 lsa.) Anybody had experience with this and can tell me how it performs in a truck over stock?