SM465 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04silvyhotrod

Reaction score
The guy I bought the 5 speed from for my other truck priced me the roller cheap. It's not got the best body but the frame and running gear is good. Got a decent running motor in it, smokes some on startup but clears up.

Anyways I've got a SM465 outta a 86 or 87 K10 with the 208 Tcase and Hydro Bellhousing. I've got a extra 241 and both should be 32 spline. I've heard that the 241 will bolt up to the 208 adapter on the SM465. What concerns me is the Hydro Bellhousing on the SM465, it's got the slave cylinder on the driver's side. Anybody know if that will be a problem and interfere with anything?

I'd like to get the old truck and use it for a hunting truck around the house. I'm thinking the swap should be pretty straight forward. Since the truck was a factory 5 speed so it's got all the pedals, master cylinder and flywheel. Might have to rig up a different mount on the crossmember. I know these truck came out with the SM465 and I'm assuming they had the passenger side slave cylinder. But I'd bet those would be hard to find.