Slam Specialties RE-7 vs SS-7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all,

In the market for some new front air bags. I have Slam RE-8s out back and love them 7s in front. Haven't heard much regarding the SS model though. I looked at the differences side by side on their website, but wanted some feedback from this forum. Looking at the 7" diameter. Let me know if there is a preference/pros and cons.

Thanks.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only run and install RE 7's or 8's, I have heard of lots of problems with the SS series bags, but I haven't used them myself, but I have been running the older RS and the newer Re series since 2002 with no issues.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of problems did the SS have? I may as well stick with REs. Been running them for a while too with no real issues, just have to replace because they're looking a bit worn.

Reaction score
I have the SS bags.. they get the highest lift of all. Im on my second set now. Story for years was that they come apart and leak at the top and bottom end caps.... and sadly. After about two years they start to. They stand behind their bags, they did replace mine.. So far im into the begining of the second year on this set, and they are starting to get stretch marks like a pregnant woman. All around where the bags curve into the end caps. So, truth be told. There ya go... More lift, but less life.

Layed90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh man sorry to hear that. Slam is an awesome company and I'm a lifer...I guess with the RE series only. Thanks for your input man.

Veeman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used RE's in my last ride but this truck I decided to try out the SS series. They are supposed to be like 40% lighter or something and give an inch more lift than the RE series. I haven't had an issue with mine yet. But only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk