Skyjacker 2- 2.5" Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I have a 2" block already on my truck and I love the 5" in the backwith the 3"bl and the block but in the front... I have just replaced all the parts and it came out costing me about $500 so no cranking for me anymore. But I came across the lift because the rough country one is out of the question. But I'll just be purchasing the front lift which is about $325. This will give me the stance I want without cranking ever again which is what I want.

Wondering if anyone has heard anything about it?

(I would get a complete 4" but I'm transffering colleges so I need to save all the money I can but I want my truck looking as good as it deserves)

Thanks ya'll

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
That kit includes, new upper control arms, different drop and shock extenders. None of those parts will give you lift.... Therefore you will have to crank up your torsion bars to get the 2"-2.5" of lift... But those parts will correct all the bad angles that just cranking alone will do, EXCEPT for the lower control arms and tie rod ends. Your lower balljoints and TRE' s will still be at a bad angle. Plus it has also been said that the shock extenders are junk... Hope this clears things up, unfortunately the best option for lifting these trucks is a full drop suspension lift. Although 1"-1.5" of cranking shouldn't be to bad on your truck.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That kit includes, new upper control arms, different drop and shock extenders. None of those parts will give you lift.... Therefore you will have to crank up your torsion bars to get the 2"-2.5" of lift... But those parts will correct all the bad angles that just cranking alone will do, EXCEPT for the lower control arms and tie rod ends. Your lower balljoints and TRE' s will still be at a bad angle. Plus it has also been said that the shock extenders are junk... Hope this clears things up, unfortunately the best option for lifting these trucks is a full drop suspension lift. Although 1"-1.5" of cranking shouldn't be to bad on your truck.

You post fast :rofl:

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Exactly what Hunter said. It's nearly impossible to find a proper 'lift' for our trucks. Alot of the lift kit companies take advantage of the torsion bars. My idea for you would be to save your money til you can afford a real 100% true lift kit. Rcx, Pro-comp, etc... None of this torsion key BS. It would be a better investment for the long run

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I may go this route when i get my suspension all lined out and a 4 " when I can afford.

I figure addressed upper bj angles and cv's are better than cranking level with 2 " blocks and all of you angles being fvcked...

I'm doing
Upper & lower bjs
Inner & outer tie rods
torsion bars
Wheel bearings

It seems logical to me, less bad angles = better... :shrug:

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I appreciate all the help! I was all over the lift. My truck is still cranked about the same but its still off a little bit more than an inch but I guess I will have to deal. hha.

Thanks for clearing it all up though!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I may go this route when i get my suspension all lined out and a 4 " when I can afford.

I figure addressed upper bj angles and cv's are better than cranking level with 2 " blocks and all of you angles being fvcked...

I'm doing
Upper & lower bjs
Inner & outer tie rods
torsion bars
Wheel bearings

It seems logical to me, less bad angles = better... :shrug:

Correct. Just a little waste of money. Now you could make your own TRE with heim joints and never worry about TRE's again. And then run the correct length shocks and not worry about that funky bracket. Then the only bad angle you'll have is lower balljoints. :deal:

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I would but... the last time I tried jacking my truck up to take the block out I could not get the u bolts unbolted for anything!