Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think you need to re-read my post, I agreed with you except to say "they have zero benefit" which I initially stated was not accurate.

But now I am re-reading my own post and I think we, and is more my fault, confusing traction or ladder bar and a anti-wrap bar.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Take them off and find out. Put two in the stock mounts and see the difference. It all depends on what kind of shocks they are and how stiff they are. In all seriousness, the less shocks, and the softer they are the better your on road ride is gona be. You dont need 4 shocks unless you need the extra dampening force. Remember shocks are designed to dampen movement. Not cease it all together. sometimes you would be amazed if you take a couple off how much better your ride is.

Total on the rear it has 6 shocks, 2 to the axle and then two on each rear bar. The truck rides pretty good for as big as it is. ( I know its not huge and its not a Cadillac, but I like the way it rides as far as a truck. ) And I am also not going to argue on either point since I havent driven the truck without them and am not a 4x4 expert, as I am just getting into it. I understand my truck doesnt need them but they want them, and I just dont want to sell them to them if they wont work.

AlNelson

Reaction score
I agree with 891ton....

Skee, lets way ever exaggerate things for a second. Lets say your spring is a complete U shape. So measure the distance from the side of the spring thats mounted solid. to the center of the U in a straight line. Then, flatten the U and measure from the side thats mounted solid to the center again. The distance would change dramatically in this case, correct? Well that ladder bar set up is creating a bind, no matter how subtle, that isnt allowing your "U" to flatten. Its keeping the axle in a set place, forcing the front of the spring to bind during compression and extension of your spring.

A proper anti-wrap bar has a shackle mounted on the frame end.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Hence why I want to rid my truck of them. They have just asked for them once I take them off, which is what brought up the whole problem we have now. Its just been my daily and it rides fine. I understand it doesnt allow the axle to flex like it should, but it rides and drives down the road just fine with them. Im not going to argue about what they do with the truck offroad because I do not know, and am a Noob myself. I just didnt want to sell the ladder bars and lift kit to someone who it wouldnt fit on. Im sure the front would work on pretty much any truck.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well if tyler is serious about wanting the traction bars and rear suspension parts for his 2 door, I would be interested in getting the front portion of the kit to combine with blocks on my truck.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. He would just need to get a new set of brackets for the front of the bars to mount to the frame. And of course none of these will be available til I get mine sat back down on the ground on my SAS, sometime this summer.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. He would just need to get a new set of brackets for the front of the bars to mount to the frame. And of course none of these will be available til I get mine sat back down on the ground on my SAS, sometime this summer.

And that timeline allows both of us to save up the funds to pay for them :cheers:

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone