Skee needs some help with an SAS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
The 32" perch will basically put them right under the frame rails, right? And I believe 88GMC did make a custom pack but used 52s. I've looked at so many SAS Threads lately my head is spinning.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haha I know what you mean. I've been doing the same thing.

As for tires rubbing on 36 inch wide setups that could be fixed with skinny tires or more offest/dished out rims? right?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL yea no doubt.

I have a good question compared to say stock ifs, like if you were to run the same wheel and tire combo how much further do they stick out past the body with SAS?

I know here they are a pain about tires out past the fenders, must be covered, looks like an old chevy 10 bolt or something may stick out further then ifs.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
and just to clear it up, when it comes to the outers for GM, I will need the knuckles, spindles, brakes, and hubs. Right? What year GM would I need to look for to pull all those?

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Damn... another thing I have completely forgot about on my truck, is the rear lift. I currently have the ProComp setup, with the lateral trac bars, and the 6 shock setup.

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/81088.pdf

You must be registered for see images attach

What will I need to do about this to change it out to match the lift on the front? Im guessing probably ditch the whole setup with the trac bars, right? and then just use my stock rears with the shackle flip?

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Damn... another thing I have completely forgot about on my truck, is the rear lift. I currently have the ProComp setup, with the lateral trac bars, and the 6 shock setup.

http://www.procompusa.com/downloads/PDFs/is/81088.pdf

What will I need to do about this to change it out to match the lift on the front? Im guessing probably ditch the whole setup with the trac bars, right? and then just use my stock rears with the shackle flip?

you can still use that anti wrap bar, you may just need to add a spacer between the mount to the frame to keep it roughly the same angle it is now, i would however get rid of those springs and run a regular lift spring, that has to have terrible flex as it is now.

how do those bars attach to the axle?

i would ditch the extra shocks, no good reason to have more than 2

Last edited: