Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK now I have to get the side trim, it does look nice with the wheel arcs and all.
Yeah, the bump strips finish the look IMO, otherwise I would have gone totally naked but, I wanted some protection against door dings, ha ha. I know the wheel arches saved a lot, the old ones were beat up quite a bit. :waytogo:

68 is a great year, must be the year for restoring these great trucks and Happy Birthday from another old fart who recently turned 68 and redid his 93 .
Thanks, it's a late, mid-life life crisis thing :anitoof:

1madmouse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know I looked at what they are getting for new trucks and said Oh Hell no, not paying $50,000 for a new truck, and realized i had the perfect truck already. I just had to freshen it up a bit. I ordered the trim and some new outside door window rubber, so should be good to go here soon.

1madmouse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will do that seems to take a week or so to get stuff from LMC, I didn't think Kansas was all that far away. I also ordered oversize door pin bushings since I replaced with the Dorman ones and the top bushing broke then fell out. Now the door is worse than before. I called the dealer, but $91 a side for door pins and bushings is a bit much. I could have them made for less. The oversize bushing have received good reviews, so I ordered both 20 and 10 over just to be safe. Going to be replacing the door rubber, door glass I already sourced, new outside handle, along with the bushings and new trim. I should have a nice busy weekend.