Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you source your trim strip? Some shop in Phoenix wants $125 which yes is potentially $45 more than Amazon. Thinking product quality. Like to hear your experience on this please

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some shop in Phoenix wants $125 which yes is potentially $45 more than Amazon.
LMC Truck - pn 39-7033 for $109.95 plus shipping so, probably pretty close to the same price. It came pre-cut with the ends finished. They look of good quality. I too, was leery of the Amazon strips.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where did you source your trim strip? Some shop in Phoenix wants $125 which yes is potentially $45 more than Amazon.
LMC Truck - pn 39-7033 for $109.95 plus shipping so, probably pretty close to the same price. It came pre-cut with the ends finished. They look of good quality. I too, was leery of the Amazon strips.
Local joint does not cut them, that's potentially a $20 task. More maybe - an ultra fine sawzall (diablo) blade in my Milwaukee handle in a miter box jig. Thanks for LMC pointer. I'm thinking the local place should earn my business away from online threats - oh a smart shopper as expected - take 15% plus we will get the tax. Instead they are player haters who have a bad attitude and don't even give a **** so LMC it is.

Certifit the body panel bottom liner sells bumper skins, no foam, bumper box beam etcetera, various sub assy stuff. God help you if you ask for an SS front bumper skin, like it was a special deal which it is but it's just spare parts. Expensive licensing of something. It might be home fiberglass bumper fab time.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK then, I went and tackled the bump strips - what a PITA! As I mentioned previously, I laid out masking tape for my guide. I did what the instructions for my bed rail caps said and peeled each tape with the top one furthest back. I did the door 1st and tried to level the other strips to it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then lightly tap the bump strip in place while pulling the top tape strip until I got the whole strip in position. This way I can lift it off, if needed, to get it aligned. Then I peeled the 2nd one and tapped it in place, and finally the 3rd one. Then I pounded the bump strip in place. NOTE: make sure your door strip is centered so you have enough room to open the door without hitting it. Even though it's cut on a bevel, it can hit! Also, start on the passenger side so, if you screw it up, you don't have to look at it every time you get in the truck! :anitoof:

Here it is - done, for now!