Shuck Truck 97 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
IDK how familiar you guys are with wheels, but I was told that Boyds wheels are like Chip foose back in the day, some high dollar wheels. There's one thing on the truck to be proud of
Still dirty, One day I'll get polishing...
You must be registered for see images

Boyd Coddington was one of the first to modify/customize a GMT400. Including Eddie Van Halen's 'VanHauler', which had a corvette rear suspension. It was restored a couple of years ago, after sitting for many years beside EVH.'s garage. Sold at Barrett-Jackson, but not for what it expected to sell for. His kid now makes wheels under the 'Boyd' name.

Shucks

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! That's a cool truck Eddie made! I am a guitarist and its fascinating to see his guitar paint on the truck itself!
But I have a question:
Like I stated, I need a new exhaust, badly. The guy I bought it from tried to make his own Y pipe, and he defiantly isn't the best welder, so there are holes in the pipe everywhere. What do you guys recommend (magnaflow mainly) for a 4.3 V6?

Shucks

Reaction score
Here's how my ride sits right now... Only things different are the painted door handles and bumped out the dent in the bed, hopefully gonna do some body work soon. Also had the flex plate replaced, the dumbass who I bought it from, when he put a new motor and tranny in, he placed the flexplate in backwards, with that weight welded on the plate, it would smack the drive shaft, and you could hear it reeeally well. At first we thought it was an exhaust rattle on the frame but I cut off the pipe right after the exhaust and that solved nothing, the noise was still present and the exhaust was 2 or 3 inches off the frame...

What do you guys think about a lowering kit for my truck? Yes, no?

Red91

Hi, I'm Red
Reaction score
Drop her ditch those tailight covers and get a rollpan without the lights. Just my opinion. I went 4/6 and love it. Looks like a solid start

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Welcome! I love the look of the front on your truck! Those headlights suit it very nicely! Cant wait to see updates!

Shucks

Reaction score
Yeah I plan on getting tail lights and a better roll pan after all the body work is finished. Thanks guys

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
IDK how familiar you guys are with wheels, but I was told that Boyds wheels are like Chip foose back in the day, some high dollar wheels. There's one thing on the truck to be proud of
Still dirty, One day I'll get polishing...

That might be because Chip Foose made Boyd's business what it was. Just being honest.

And those wheels were a top of the line expensive set of billets, back in 1985. They just look so dated.