Should I chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjk1500

Reaction score
I have a 1994 chevy k1500 with TBI 350. I have a K&N intake, TBI spacer, Edelbrock shortys, Straight pipped exhaust, and corvette servo. My question is If I get a chip burnt for my truck will it be noticeable after I install it? I was wondering because most of my mods are just bolt ons.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
You'd notice more of a difference with a proper exhaust system. Also, stay away from "name brand" chips. They don't do anything but waste fuel. You can search and find out who's legit in the tuning business.

kjk1500

Reaction score
I plan to get some cats. So I can do cat backs is that better? or should I add a muffler to?

kjk1500

Reaction score
O I see. I kinda just want true duals high flow cats and an x pipe to 4 inch tips.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
O I see. I kinda just want true duals high flow cats and an x pipe to 4 inch tips.

That would be ok with long tubes and 2.25" pipe all the way to the tips...wouldn't sound great IMO, but if you like it more power to ya

kjk1500

Reaction score
yea I wish I bought long tubes over the shortys I already have... Is there any thing I can do with shortys and no mufflers?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
yea I wish I bought long tubes over the shortys I already have... Is there any thing I can do with shortys and no mufflers?

replacing the stock mid-pipe with a larger one should help quite a bit, the stock one is tiny...Shortys to cats to tips with 2.25" pipe all the way would be an ok system