Short Vs Long bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DustyNova400

Reaction score
Wasnt sure wich category to put this in but I know what its like to drive a ext cab shortbed is the ext cab 2500 longbed harder to park or not really? It is only 2 feet longer

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any one that plows snow can appreciate the ease of getting a short bed into tight spots. I know my rcsb is like parking a car, my daughter's ecsb is like a tank to park compared to it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My ECSB is something I've gotten used to as normal. Its radius does suck compared to a Ford, bit nothing compared to my CCLB. I think there are school buses out there with better turning radii. ECLB will fall somewhere in the middle. It'll be noticeable.

DustyNova400

Reaction score
Is it much of a difference though? I know people always say they wish they would of got a longbed for those times they do haul things

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After owning a long bed, I wouldn't go back to a short bed personally. That extra two feet comes in handy. Especially if you have a toolbox in the bed like I do. Not that much harder to park IMO.

Thatfordguy

Because I can!!
Reaction score
My ECSB is something I've gotten used to as normal. Its radius does suck compared to a Ford, bit nothing compared to my CCLB. I think there are school buses out there with better turning radii. ECLB will fall somewhere in the middle. It'll be noticeable.
I'm gonna say chevys have a hell of a lot better turning radius than a ford. And I know there are buses with better turning radius than my f350 out there lol.

As for short bed vs long bed. On our farm we have a scsb, ecsb, ccsb, and a cclb. All are nice and have pros and cons

DustyNova400

Reaction score
I think an ECLB might not be bad especially where im going to hunt and camp Alot its going to help with hauling gear im a big fan of the 88-95 TBI trucks

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After owning a long bed, I wouldn't go back to a short bed personally. That extra two feet comes in handy. Especially if you have a toolbox in the bed like I do. Not that much harder to park IMO.
Agreed. Very handy for trips to the lumber yard and such as well.

Last edited: