Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMblood

Reaction score
I have a 96 exsb 4x4 k1500 with 2" blocks and cranked the keys to level it out. Replaced all ball joints, idler arm, pitman arm, inner tie rods. My shocks are junk, and looks like they've never been replaced. (Too rusty to see a label or anything) Obviously cranking gives you a stiffer ride which I don't mind, but I'm looking to find a decent set of shocks. I would say bilsteins but I don't want to spend that kinda money. (I do off-road occasionally but mainly my daily driver)

Keep on keepin on

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I put KYB monomax shocks on mine... got them from RockAuto... around $56 each or so IIRC. Ride is nice and firm, but not harsh. I didn't take it through any real ugly stuff, but on some mild washboard it wasn't kicking the back end out or anything like that.

GMblood

Reaction score
Are those gas or hydraulic? I've been looking at rancho rs5000 ive heard those are pretty good

Keep on keepin on