Shelbys Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
4 HI Mod

Mounted gizmo on the firewall, tapped into lights at firewall connector. Ran power along firewall to distro block.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I just bought the damn thing 6 months ago!

One option you could do is the battery post mod, i did this to the passenger side positive post on my Diesel, still need to do the other three connections and do the pos and neg on the K3500, But anyways what you do is replace those stupid GM bolts with 3/8" coarse thread bolts with a nut on them. You take the nuts and put them on the bolts then take the bolts and thread them all the way into the battery terminal till they bottom out and just snug them up with a wrench. After that you adjust the nut placement on the bolt till it firmly clamps the terminals in place. Basically you are using the nut to provide the clamping force needed to secure the terminals rather then stressing the threads in the battery to do it as the GM bolts do.

Sorry for the thread jack shelby.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
One option you could do is the battery post mod, i did this to the passenger side positive post on my Diesel, still need to do the other three connections and do the pos and neg on the K3500, But anyways what you do is replace those stupid GM bolts with 3/8" coarse thread bolts with a nut on them. You take the nuts and put them on the bolts then take the bolts and thread them all the way into the battery terminal till they bottom out and just snug them up with a wrench. After that you adjust the nut placement on the bolt till it firmly clamps the terminals in place. Basically you are using the nut to provide the clamping force needed to secure the terminals rather then stressing the threads in the battery to do it as the GM bolts do.

Sorry for the thread jack shelby.

This is a great idea, but instead of a bolt you could use all thread. But either way will work! I think I'm going to do this soon!

And again, sorry for the thread jack!

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
This is a great idea, but instead of a bolt you could use all thread. But either way will work! I think I'm going to do this soon!

And again, sorry for the thread jack!

When i do it to the K3500 which will hopefully be this coming weekend i will do a write up on it. Anyways back on track. Nice project so far shelby!