Shelbys Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I just realized my build thread was in the non-reply section. Any questions, comments, or general whatnot are welcome.

Got this 92 ECSB 5.7 5 speed from a farmer for 1800 bucks couple a three months ago.
You must be registered for see images attach

It looked like the farmer had an allergy to wrenches. There was a HEAVY coating of oily dirt and mud from the front of the engine rearward to the back diffy. SO FAR I have found no gaskets on the water thermostat housing and the oil filter adapter. The oil pan bolts were all loose as well as 2 intake bolts. The valve cover gaskets were ok but there was enough sludge and carbon to send a liberal treehugger into hyperventilation. The frame was bent 3 in" into the manifold just behind the PSide control arms and all the bushings were cracked, rotted or missing. The oil was watery and black, and there was none in the back diffy.:banghead:

On the good side. The motor runs strong and the tranny shifts firm and clean. The 4WD works well .The body is strait and its an easy color to match.
So far I've changed ALL the fluids, Changed water thermostat, housing, and gasket, oil filter adptr gasket, valve cover gaskets and painted the covers. Painted the air cleaner, mounted all the electronics to the fire wall, Rebuilt the TBI, Replaced the intake gasket, Replaced the O2 and water sending sensors. New vacume lines and hoses.

Farmer had the distibutor secured with a bungee cord so she got all new MSD cap, rotor, and wires. and a MAJOR power washing.
Dropped the oil pan cleaned the pickup screen, gasket was good so I reused it. Resealed and torqued the bolts.

Scrapd and scrubbed oily dirt fer days.

Straitned the frame with a tree, a 6x6 post wedged at the front cross member and a 10 ton hydraulic puller. Replaced all the control arm bushings with poly. Cleaned and painted the front chassis.
Cleaned interior up. Rebuilt broken and cracked dash with fiberglass.
RWAL delete.
Removed badges and trim.

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Grill makeover

Plasti-dip on the grill, Ebay black composite lights.

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Rear Speaker Install

I squished a Pair of 6.5 speakers into the rear pillars. I removed the back pillar panel and enlarged the speaker hole to 5.25ish with a jigsaw. Installed said speakers, and replaced the panel. As you can see it fits well and sounds mucho better.

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
OIL BREATHER NO BRAINER

Last edited: