Shelbys Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Yeah, I ran the seats all the way back then measured the distance. Right at 28". A speaker/Sub box would fit so much better with this setup. The total measurement was 62"X28"X8". Convert to metric fer u Canucks. ;)

Thanks for the info! Im def gonna do a rear shelf like yours in the Diesel, what I may do for my amp is sink it into the center of the shelf and route wiring under the shelf to have a clean final result.

Lookin good! Have been reppin the back seat folded up the entire winter now.. Might just pull it right out and build something similar, digging the extra storage for sure.

Yea the diesel has had its rear seat folded as well since last spring.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Soundz

These are 4X6 plate speakers that fit into the stock dash locations. 50W (rms) 150W peak. Sound great. No need for door or kickpanel mods. Got em on sale fer $70.
You must be registered for see images attach

New Alpine head unit with USB input fer the ipod. CDE-121 50W X 4. Powers the front Polks and the rear 6.5" Alpines very well.

I'm not a huge audiophile, but I do like a better than stock sound. This is a good sounding low budget system.

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
No problem, i have the Kicker DS46 4x6 speakers in the K3500, Originally bought 2 pairs of them to do a basic stereo set up in that truck. But have since decided to use the other pair in the dash of the Diesel and run DS series 6x9 speakers on the rear seat delete. Kicker makes a nice lil 4 ch amp that is perfect for them. the DS46s can only handle 25 watts RMS and the Kicker DX amp im looking at is rated at 25 watts RMS per channel. I suspect that Kicker intended it to be used with the DS series speakers. Overall the set up will be a lil more powerful then stock but not obnoxiously loud which is perfect for daily driven vehicles.

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
That sounds good. I squished a pair of Pioneer 6.5" into the rear stock locations. Took a little bit of cutting and a whole lot of cussin getting the panels in and out. If I ever redo the rears I'm either gonna put 6X9 boxes on the rear shelf or shoehorn em into the storage box location just below the wing windows.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That sounds good. I squished a pair of Pioneer 6.5" into the rear stock locations. Took a little bit of cutting and a whole lot of cussin getting the panels in and out. If I ever redo the rears I'm either gonna put 6X9 boxes on the rear shelf or shoehorn em into the storage box location just below the wing windows.

The storage box location was one idea i was looking at to keep the rear seats in tact. just making a filler panel that fit in there and trimming plastic if needed.

Heres the amp im looking at running

http://www.crutchfield.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=20611DX2K4

heres some 6x9 wedge boxes that may work well for you

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Sound_Ordnance_6x9_Wedge_Box_6x9_Truck_Box_p/777bb692t.htm

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
New Wheelz

C-list score. Almost new 31X10.5X15 wagon wheels and tires. $200