Sfbd and int carpet Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No prob! Wasn't being cranky! Lol!
Household carpet underlay is usually made of compressed & glued foam chips. For some reason, not very durable in automotive use. And foam = a sponge!

Reaction score
How would it be listed on Ebay? I need to do mine soon and my old padding was stuck to the floor and ripped up when i removed it.. I junked it, thought about snatching some at a junk yard.. but itll be to short, i did a traditional BD. And what would the carpet be listed under? Every time i search stuff like vinal and suede on there i cant determin whats junk and whats not :( Got some faux snake skin before and it was thin as paper and you can rip it with your finger nail... crap was listed under faux vinal automotive uphoulstry :(

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Total layman's thought here. This would require a center console but couldn't someone take the stock carpet and cut it at the middle of the trans tunnel, lay both sides in and then slice the over lap out and sew it back together?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Total layman's thought here. This would require a center console but couldn't someone take the stock carpet and cut it at the middle of the trans tunnel, lay both sides in and then slice the over lap out and sew it back together?

Stock floor body drops have the tunnel raised, so more carpet is actually needed.
But with a long style center console it could be cut as you suggested, and then a piece of carpet would have to be added in front of the console where there would be a gap.
Good idea!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
That may work great actually I'm building a console that goes from the dash to the back seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk