Sfbd and int carpet Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
What are you guys doing about carpet with the trucks that are stock floored? Don't seem like you can use the stock carpet after raising the trans tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't actually have carpet, viynl floors, but I just trimmed around the tunnel for the time being.

cobalt

Reaction score
had plans of ditching mine but when i finaly get to do the trans tunnel on mine i can throw the old one in and see if it fits..i have a regular cab thought too so it may be diffrent.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd just go to an upholstery shop and by the carpet by the yard. That's all I'm gonna do and glue it down. I've seen ppl use the molded carpet but if it has the foot pads on it there out of position and it doesn't look to good. When u buy new carpet there's a couple inches on each end that u trim off so if u can deal with the foot pads being out of place it should work.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i thought stock floor meant "stock" floor.. didn't know ya had to raise the tunnel..

like ^^^^ dude said, i'd buy it from an upholstery shop without foot pads on the driver's side.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You can buy roll stock, but the carpet will have to be sewn in the area on either side of the tunnel where it transitions to the foot wells. There will excessive bulk in that area that will have to be cut out & sewn together.
The roll stock carpet is 40"wide. Because of that you have to make 2 runs across the floor door-to-door to get full coverage.
You'll need 4.5 yards. 5 if you'd like some matching floor mats. Too much is better than not enough!
Heel pads are available that you can have sewn in where you'd like. Glueing those in doesn't work. Or you can do what I'm gonna do & not put one in at all.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Oh yea...don't forget underlay. 4 yards should do it. Comes in 3 densities/thicknesses. Get the middle grade. The thin one is a waste of time, the thick one will create fitment probs.
Installing deadener?

Reaction score
One yard is three feet by usually twelve feet.. one yard would do a quad cab..lol <<padding
Home depot has pre cut carpet sections in small rolls and there just a lil bigger than the old carpet. Im gonna buy the black for mine. Looks nicer than factory and i think its like $25.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I buy materials it's by the linear yard. Not by the square yard.
Materials that I buy for 'automotive use' come in various widths.
Underlay is somewhere around 30-36" wide.
Carpet is 40", unless you go to van carpet. That's 76"-80" wide. (Major PITA to work with!)
Vinyls & fabrics are 54" wide.
Body cloth ('40's-early '60's vehicles) are 60" or 72" wide, depending on the vehicle & year.

The amounts I posted for Dev are based on these dimensions.