seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1996 yukon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
long story short, i hate the bench in my 94. i recently made it my DD again and i miss the arm rest and general comfort of the buckets in my yuk. but seeing as i would like to carry two passengers at a time, im going to go with a 60/40 seat w/ flip down console. my question is, do they make those seats in blue and will i have to drill new holes for mounting? also, will the seatbelt orientation be pretty much the same? thats all ive got for now. when i do find either a blue, black, or grey seat i'll get started on it and be taking pics.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I googled it for a bit and found some listings on craigslist and ebay. They were either removed or ended though. I checked for pics and couldn't find any. I imagine they would have them. Either way, worst case, you could get some seat covers. As for the bolts, it depends on the year of the donars probably. I bet they would line up though, a bench and splits would logically have the same risers. Good luck. It might be crazy but since the whole topic of pulling other gm seats for your truck and having them bolt in has been discussed for buckets, I wonder if other GM bench seats would fit. Buick?

95_z71

Reaction score
I had to drill 4 extra holes for my buckets when i swapped, nothing hard though.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Ya, if you saw my rant on seats you will see how I feel. No big deal, just look where you are drilling, drill, and renforce it somehow. Don't lose sleep over it.