Seat belt buckle bolts stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I’m replacing my bucket seats and center console with a 60/40 bench seat and when trying to remove the seat belt buckles for the new ones the bolts won’t come out and ended up breaking the bit I was using. Is there a trick to getting them out?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m replacing my bucket seats and center console with a 60/40 bench seat and when trying to remove the seat belt buckles for the new ones the bolts won’t come out and ended up breaking the bit I was using. Is there a trick to getting them out?
Try some good penetrating oil from underneath the truck. May have to get some heat on there as well. I know I did when my seat bolts were being a bit cranky.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Penetrating fluid & one of these.
I've had the all metal ones but I like my new one like this with the plastic handle.
Easier to get a good grip on, and with the top guard, well...give one of the metal ones a good whack with a 5lb sledge & miss by just a little bit & I'm tellin' ya!

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The "one of these" that @sewlow is referring to is an impact driver, in case someone didn't know!! Lol
They are handy as heck!!!
Especially for door hinges in fertilizer plants!!! Lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Take a wire "tooth brush" and clean the threads off from underneath the cab and hit them with a propane torch and douse them with a good quality penetrating oil.

Much better to put a wire wheel on a drill and clean the threads that way. Then hose it down with penetrating oil, torch, brute force, etc.

We really need a pic from underneath, it could be a disaster where none of these trucks are going to get it done.