More driver's seat room

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Maybe someone here can help me. I am 6'4" tall and 285 lbs. I sit in my girl's 1990 K2500 with the 60/40 bench seat. I could use more room with either the seat moving farther back or the seatback tilting back farther. Is there room for the entire seat to be unbolted and reinstalled back farther or a way to tilt the seatback farther back? Or is the only choice to get some bucket seats and install them and is that feasible? She would not want the console that would be between the bucket seats.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm 6' 3", 255. Have you thought about dropping a few lbs., I know I have, but I like food , it calls my name.
Ya gotta do the whole seat. Check the under side mounting to see if the floor pan will accommodate the move aft. And anyplace that will need skin doublers, for strengthening. And maybe the short side seat belts.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Over the last 2 years I have gone from 355 to 250. I was too skinny at that point and felt weak. I liked myself at 275 and went back up. I now fluctuate between 275 and 285, my girl is a great cook. She excels in the kitchen and loves to cook. I kind of figured the whole seat would have to move but thought I should ask first here. I gotta crawl under there and check it out.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Since it's an extended cab, you'd be intruding upon the already limited rear seat space, but if that's not important.. I'd consider instead of drilling new holes farther back, maybe look at the seat brackets and consider modifying them instead? The manual seat brackets are pretty basic and there should be room to drill new holes for the rear bolts, and possibly make a simple flat bar extension for the front so that you could bolt the bar to the bracket, then the bar to the original seat bolt hole. Maybe tacked on both sides to provide some strength.

Richard

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since it's an extended cab, you'd be intruding upon the already limited rear seat space, but if that's not important.. I'd consider instead of drilling new holes farther back, maybe look at the seat brackets and consider modifying them instead? The manual seat brackets are pretty basic and there should be room to drill new holes for the rear bolts, and possibly make a simple flat bar extension for the front so that you could bolt the bar to the bracket, then the bar to the original seat bolt hole. Maybe tacked on both sides to provide some strength.

Richard
I am going to look. Whatever I do, I will post pics.