Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need to reinforce the 1/2 ton chassis to handle the torque from the dmax. I would go the LS swap route myself but if you are set on diesel OBS I would find a clean 2500/3500 for your build. Just my 0.02

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need to reinforce the 1/2 ton chassis to handle the torque from the dmax. I would go the LS swap route myself but if you are set on diesel OBS I would find a clean 2500/3500 for your build. Just my 0.02

Literally just about to add to this. Last night before I went to bed I was thinking over an LS swap. Most likely a 6.0, For what I was going to use my truck for I didnt really need a diesel. But I need something different than a Vortec 350. SAS will still be under way dont worry. 6.0 in my area are same price as 5.3 and would be able to pick one up for about $500.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed out my tail lights from the lights on my old 1992. Black Nasty. Still very visible. Used Anzo stock look tailights and VHT coating along with clearcoat (Without clear it was very rough look/finish). I had got another drivers mirror to change out with mine because it has a few nice cracks/chip from a stone off the tires. Also did something else with truck. Lets play spot the difference..

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Another person from school crashed there vehicle this winter. (I wasn't the first, looks like not the last either)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got talking to the shop that did my exhaust for my old truck (Sparwoods) and said for the true duals would be couple hundred because I had my old tailpipes and tips. Said probably $400 if they couldn't use them. I was looking at the spintech 9000s.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Added some LEDs. Definitely not finished installing them. More to go but here is so far.

Here is the standard bulb vs my LED in tail lights. The red part is still standard bulb yet. Havnt changed yet.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last picture doesn't show how bright they are. The one above it shows it closer to what it actually is. Remember that these have 3 layers of VHT and couple clear coat. Even being that dark the lenses are, it's way better than what people make it out to be. (I will probably add the reverse lights I had seen bolt into the bumper anyway. And so I can blind the people behind me who keep the brights on. )

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a little progress today. Added duplicolor bedliner to my front fender flare and on the bottom part of my doors.

Last edited:

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
Looks good! Don't cry if someone smashes into your door though, my molding has saved mine a few times

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Don't cry if someone smashes into your door though, my molding has saved mine a few times

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

That crossed my mind a few times, but had decided to go this route with the truck. It is by no means in prefect shape. I have to get more of the dupli-color bedliner to finish the truck. Have to get my 4th flare from my buddy yet (Still on parts truck at his place 20 mins away. Too cold to take it off yet) My 3rd fender flare is still in the bed attached to the fender. (Fender/flare from parts truck). Also want to get the wide roll of carbon fiber to do my dash surround trim.