Scotty.92 `The Resurrection` 98 Sierra K1500 - Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
The normally gray part of the dash bezel might look cool carbon fiber

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about that, would just have to REALLY work my mojo on it. Between having to match up the film side by side (Roll is obviously not wide enough to do it in one shot), and the contours of all the corners and edges would take some time to do. I believe Canadian Tire also had this same stuff but I think when I seen it, it was probably 2 or 3 feet wide. Wide enough at least to do the dash trim piece.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I've seen I think 18 inch by 6 foot rolls of it, that might be wide enough to do it. Definitely no easy task either way

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tied to get a better picture.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would like to see about a demold for the truck. I think that the truck would look better without it, just the way I am doing everything for it. Dont get me wrong, some 400`s look better with it, and some look better without. Just that all the black would give it a `smooth` look, and the molding would affect it.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
The problem when you demold is when people smash doors into you, even with how low my 2wd sits the molding has saved my door a couple times.

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have some SERIOUS thinking to do for this next little while. Some fairly major upgrades are being thought over. The RCX 6" lift is being put on hold.... Permanently... Can anyone say D60 and LBZ? Money is not an issue, time is not an issue. Mechanical ability is not an issue. I am an apprentice for a GM dealership, have other vehicles to drive during a down time, and can find salvages for around $3,500. It will be lots of work. I know a lot of people just throw a 6BT in them, but every one has done that. I know that it won't necessarily be easy, but worth it to ME in the end.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wild man. I'd go the duramax route. You gonna snag a allison too?

Sent from my throttle body injected galaxy note3

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The problem when you demold is when people smash doors into you, even with how low my 2wd sits the molding has saved my door a couple times.

I've been sitting in my truck in a parking lot waiting and some guy pulled up beside me on the passenger and proceeded to door bash me a number of times and then didn't even acknowledge me after he had hit me, thank god for moulding cuz they were solid hits